Posted on 2015-12-17 by Author admin
Every year you will find a few more situations with your garage door opener that will definitely surprise you. Sometimes with a little troubleshooting, you avoid a service call. But these DIY experiments dont always work. When it comes to repairing residential and commercial garage door openers Oklahoma City, there are so many issues that you need to deal with. You cannot fix all issues because most of them require expert handling. Some such issues are:
- When remote works, but the wall switch doesn’t: In such a situation, the problem is either with the wall switch or switch wires. If touching two wires together makes opener runs, then the problem is with the switch. But if the opener doesnt run when you touch the wires, then the wire that connects the opener to the switch is bad.
- When wall switch works, but the remote doesn’t: In this situation, check the batteries first. If it is still not working, then you may need to get a new remote. You will find a wide selection of remotes online or if you cant find a suitable remote, you can also use universal remote or replace the old receiver with the new one.
- The door goes up, but it only goes down when wall switch is held down: In this situation, first make sure that the safety sensors are in alignment. There is a light on each sensor which lit up when there is nothing between them. If there is no light, then you may need to replace them.
- When there is power to the outlet, but no lights or no sound when pushing the wall switch and remotes: In this situation, there is a possibility of a bad circuit board. Lightning strikes may have resulted in the demise of a circuit board. Time to replace the circuit board.
- When everything works perfectly except the lights: This may be due to the bad light socket. In order to replace the socket, circuit board needs to be removed so that damaged socket can be easily popped out and replaced with the new one.
- When trolley carriage moves perfectly, but the door doesn’t open: This happens due to broken trolley carriage.
- When the opener makes a grinding sound, but the door doesn’t move: This is due to the main drive gear that might has been toasted. The main drive gear is made up of plastic which comes in a direct contact of the worm drive gear on the motor. The main drive gear fails easily on most openers.
Garage door opener is a simple mechanism that has a tendency to last longer. With the professional service of garage door opener repair Oklahoma City, you can solve all above mentioned issues without wasting much time. The professional service providers of garage door repair have the best quality replacement products and a team of skilled technicians that completes the job quickly & efficiently to your satisfaction. Make sure all their technicians are certified and repairing company is accredited for providing quality garage door opener repair service in Oklahoma City.